Section I: Purpose
The purpose of this organization shall be to encourage participation in and recognition of scientific and intellectual thought. It is to advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science, to communicate with the scientific community, and to aid the civic community with its comprehension of science. It is to encourage students to participate in community service and, in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all mankind.
Section II: Membership
Membership is awarded based on the following requirements, be a Sophomore or Junior.
- have an overall GPA of at least a 3.4 (90) and a science GPA of at least an 3.2 (86).
- have completed/in progress one honors (or higher) science course prior to applying.
- enrolled in one honors (or higher) course their Junior or Senior year.
- enrolled in one science course each year in the honors society.
- upholds standards of excellences, academic honesty, and is respectful of their peers and community.
A selection board will review all applicants and complete a yearly review of current members. New membership occurs during the Spring of each school year. Transfer students have the opportunity to apply at their enrollment.