NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY
National Art Honor Society is an organization that represents and encourages art scholarship, character and service. Membership selection is based on a student’s GPA, art class involvement and enrollment. In addition, students are involved with extracurricular activities in the arts.
Locally, this chapter has done many projects to promote art within the school and community. It is our goal to display art and complete service projects as often as possible.
The purpose of our chapter shall be to:
- Inspire and recognize those students who have shown outstanding ability in art;
- Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of art;
- Further creative abilities and talents of the Society’s members, as well as the school’s entire student art enrollment;
- Aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in an art area;
- Bring art to the attention of the school and community;
- Increase an awareness of art in relation to other areas of the school curriculum;
- Further aesthetic awareness in all aspects of the school’s total program.