Mission and Vision
Hancock County Technical Center’s
Mission and Vision Statement
Engaging students with rigorous and relevant career and technical education for success in the post-secondary and industrial world.
High Expectations of Teaching and Learning:
- Provide high quality instructors who inspire and engage students while continuously improving their craft.
- Incorporate effective instructional strategies into the learning environment.
- Provide instruction that is data-driven and provide evaluative measures for student performance.
- Provide state of the art industry driven curriculum linking industry and Common Core standards to learning for students.
Our School Climate and Culture:
- Provide a safe and professional positive learning environment.
- Recognize and Celebrate instructor and student growth.
- Provide student and Teacher ownership of high expectations.
- Accept and respect for student diversity.
- Foster healthy and supportive relationships.
Our Collaboration With Our Communities:
- Cultivate effective advisory boards working within program areas to stay current with industry standards.
- Explore educational opportunities within the local community and area businesses.
- Foster continuous communication and meaningful relationships with our sending schools.
- Utilize the team approach through collaboration with students, parents and staff ensuring the success of our students.